Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oversized coat




At least once, during a fall shopping spree, I have to run out of a store in panic. This happens to me because I’ve been piling at least 4 coats on my arm and I really can’t decide which one I’ll choose. Since I don’t have an unlimited clothing budget (sniff!), I narrow down my selection to one or two and morn those I left behind, for weeks, sometimes months. These in between season coats, are meant to be worn for a couple weeks at a time, before the snow and the -35 c forces us to put on our baggy, generic and unflattering duffel gears.

I can’t remember the last time I was that excited about a style and a cut as I am about this season's version. It is not merely a little loose, fall’s overcoats are significantly oversized, with dropped shoulders, extra-long cuffs, and enormous lapels.

While we first saw the style appear last fall, we would have had to be blind to ignore the hordes of Street style it-girls rocking massive overcoats during NYC Fashion Week This season, designers such as Céline, Stella McCartney, and Phillip Lim really are making a real and serious statement out of it.

This fit is not for everyone but I think it’s important to start including some menswear inspired clothes in our closets; as long as it looks like it fits.
Will you do it?





















No comments:

Post a Comment