Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Hair



If anyone out there has managed to keep straight hair in such a temperature please email me your magic trick right now. For all the other unfortunate ones like me, we might want to keep our mane up in a bun or in a nice intricate braid. If you still want to try the straight look or at least the beach waves, you need to start with a good base.






Here are the tricks I've learned over the past few years. I tested them several times; they are now part of my hair routine. Apart from the bad hair days, they always worked for me.

Clean & treat
Start with a good shampoo. Kérastase is so far the best I've tried. Use a good moisturising one or any other depending on your hair type. They have a complete line of products that will suit your needs. After two good wash, apply a treatment. I usually shower at night and I go to bed with it for an overnight spa experience (for your hair indeed). It really makes a difference since the follicles get to drink all the nutriments it needs during your sleep. Don't forget to apply it with a comb, to spread it evenly. In the morning rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse. There is nothing worst for volume and texture than an already greased hair. If you're motivated and courageous enough use cold to extra cold water to finish ricing. It seals the cuticles and gives hair this amazing shine we all crave.


Dry & style
Before drying your hair do not forget to apply oil, but only at the tips. Moroccan Oil is really good, Kérastase is a classic and Shu Uemura is the ultimate luxury. 




If you ever need to splurge on your styling tools, I would priories the hair dryer. The more powerful it is, the quicker it dries, the nicer it looks and less damages it causes. A really good natural boar round and flat brushes are a must. To finish off, you know that blue button that blows cold air? USE it! Use it as long as you feel humidity (that causes those unwanted frizz and waves) in your hair.




Voilà! These are really basic and quite simple tricks to add to your daily or weekly hair routine. Tell me what does your hair regiment looks like?

No comments:

Post a Comment