Monday, July 22, 2013

SunBum's


On my first morning in San Diego, I'm packing my bag, for a day at the pool with the usual (IPod, magazines, Kindle, sunglasses), only to realise I had forgotten to bring the most important item of them all: sunscreen. Every single one of my friends and family members knows my obsession with protecting my skin from the sun. Reading this, I'm pretty sure they're rolling the eyes imagining the discrete, but very real panic attack I got from not knowing if what I needed was available in this hotel.
I ran from my room to the gifts shop, hoping for at least a minimum quality FPS 15 cream. That's where the magic happen. There it was; a super attractive and very yummy shelf of every different shapes and colors of sun products you can dream of. The Sun Bum collection was right there in front of me and the love connection really occurred when the lovely sales lady made me use some testers.

They smell like real fresh fruits (banana, mango, kiwi, ect) because they are made from real fruits. These are all organic, non-tested on animals and recommended by the Skin Cancer Association. They are high quality and the cream stays on longer than the other products I normally use. We did some horseback riding in very hot conditions and some very wet sea kayaking. It stayed on, it's perfection, I'm in love!

The moisturizing sunscreen formula will protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays while enriching your skin with Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals, which are the main cause of premature skin aging. 
They look good, they feel good and they smell good.  The Sun Bum products are not available yet in Canada, but you can always order them via their website or look for them on your next trip in the USA.






 Tell me, are you using sunscreen every day? What products do you use?

2 comments:

  1. Their lip balm has a bunch of artificial junk in it that they hide on the inside of the label (just peal the label back). These guys know marketing, but they don't know good, natural products. Another snow job from creatives who are looking to make money. This stuff is a big PASS for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been using Sun Bum sunscreens and facesticks for over 12 months after it was recommended to our family by my children's dermatologist. My children have very sensitive skin and due to the chemicals in most other sunscreens used to have a bad reaction when using which stopped us from enjoying the outdoors. I was very grateful for Sun Bum being recommended to us as we have used a lot without any reaction whatsoever and it has kept us protected from the sun. I use their lip balms daily even if I'm not going in the sun and couldn't live without them. love. I know that my brother also uses their Pro sunscreen which is a mineral range and I have seen the positive feedback (but not yet tried) their Baby Bum range which is all organic. I think you will find they are more authentic than you give them credit for and that they are really focused on just protecting people from skin cancer not making money otherwise they would have followed all of their competitors and not given back to charities and the community they way they do. We love Sun Bum and everyone I have spoken to feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete